Transforming the CLR to numerical applications, and the nullspace that results.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

SharpMap v2.0, GeoAPI v2.0, Proj.Net and NTS v2.0 progress

The next release of SharpMap is taking longer than imagined, since it wasn't quite as easy to transform all those JTS javaisms to .Netisms, especially when trying to be considerate of the whole functional-construct infusion that is LINQ, IronPython and F#. There is quite a legacy in numerical computing looking back through the annals of Python as well as the functional language side of the house, so no doubt ideas (and code) will step over from all that work into what could be fairly decent geometry stack in .Net: SharpMap, GeoAPI, Proj.Net and NTS.

However, recent check-ins to the v2.0 branches of GeoAPI.Net and NTS have begun to compile again, and the basic functionality should be up and running. SharpMap v2.0 Beta 2 will be released once all tests are passing, code coverage is up to 60% or so.

3 comments:

El paseador said...

Hi codekaizen
I'm very interested in SharpMap, specially in it's WPF engine.
I wanted to see its status but I couldn't find the sources to compile them.
Any information about this is welcome.

BTW my space in live is called eazel7. There is a video of some small hack that I did to SharpNap 0.9 to render the image 'progressively'.

Anonymous said...

Hi codekaizen,

I really appreciate your contribution to the SharpMap project. As Deigo, I am working on WPF renderer of SharpMap. I was playing with the refactoring version of SharpMap, GeoAPI and NTS. Many frustrating work because many code was in refactoring process, specially in GeoAPI.

If I could contribute, let me know...

Rory said...

Greetings folks,

Things will be pretty hectic until SharpMap v2.0 Beta 2 is released. Once this is done, I'm sure things will stablize, and I'll begin to look at the WPF question...